Friday, June 29, 2012

Pen and ink magnificence and procastination piles...



Another recovery day spent mostly inside was a nice opportunity for some creativity for all of us.
For me there was some work on the felt deers. This is my first set and I am completely besotted by them and also can't wait to make the next set and iron out a few imperfections in joins and other technique. Kinder have requested as many woodland animals as possible which could equal my first good sale so I am hoping to use the holiday time to get some things together.


Big Pickle's love of drawing that began so suddenly and amazingly a few months ago has continued. Though I once aspired to leading him through a more Waldorf/Steiner style introduction to art with an emphasis on watercolours, beeswax crayons and other quality materials I have had to let go and be guided by where he finds inspiration. Lately its all about ink, often black pens but on this day he found a blue roller ball pen and this amazing scene emerged. Note the parrot on the shoulder, the peg leg, his earrings, the 'mermaid' on the prow of the boat........ 



Another hat finished and in high rotation on the heads of both boys.
We had so much time inside this week due to colds and perpetual runny noses. Plenty of chances to snatch some sewing time you would think but somehow I just keep drifting back to knitting......knitting more hats...I may well have a problem.


In the foreground is a hat for my father-in-law that is in process and behind you see the towering, teetering piles of fabric waiting to become pants for the boys, pyjama pants for Mr Pickle and winter tops for me. Perhaps the weekend will see that pile diminish....................

Pop over to Natural Suburbia to see some other Creative Fridays....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. I had been looking for something related and found your web site in the process.. I will definitely be back for more.

    Feel free to visit this site ...

    kids pyjamas

    ReplyDelete